We all dream of something, long for something, want to be something.
When I was 10, I wanted to be a broadcast journalist reporting from the front lines around the world (that didn’t pan out – probably for the best).
Whatever the dream or goal, it is central to our mission at the Coalition to clear the path for Oklahoma women and girls to pursue their passion, have access to opportunities, and use their voice.
So what is it? What is it that your daughter aspires to be? What does she hope for herself, for others, for the world?
Have that conversation with her. Often. But right now, we want you to do it in a very specific way…
- Ask her what she wants to be when she grows up, what she wants to accomplish, what her dream is.
- Have her write it in big letters with a marker or crayon.
- Take a picture with your phone of her holding it up.
- Share it on social media, tag us, post it on our Facebook page using the hashtag #hervoice.
- Last but not least, what about you? What is your dream? Take a photo of yourself like I did, and send that to us too! We want to highlight your voice and your story at our upcoming OneVoice Luncheon on November 2nd.
- Want to join us for the luncheon? Great! Register to attend (for free!) by clicking here.