Position Location: Oklahoma City, OK
The Oklahoma Women’s Coalition is currently seeking candidates for the position of Executive Director. Established in October 2008, the Coalition is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Its mission is to be a statewide network of individuals and organizations working together, through nonpartisan efforts, to improve the lives of women and girls through education and advocacy. The Coalition’s primary goal is to create systematic change for Oklahoma women and girls. To achieve this goal, the Coalition focuses on supporting and initiating state legislation, developing and disseminating educational information, and providing leadership development opportunities through partnerships across the state. For more information about the Oklahoma Women’s Coalition, please visit our website: www.okwc.org.
The Executive Director will provide leadership, strategic direction and vision for the development and achievement of the organization’s mission in partnership with the Board of Directors. The successful candidate will guide the Coalition through the implementation of its strategic goals. The Executive Director advises, recommends and assists the Board of Directors in the formulation of policies governing the Coalition, and directs day-to-day operations. The Executive Director works with staff and Board of Directors to:
1.) Carry out the mission of the organization
2.) Responsibly manage the Coalition’s human, material and fiscal resources
3.) Assure that the Coalition has a positive relevance throughout the state through various media.
Responsibilities Board of Directors Relations
- Collaborate with the Board to generate sufficient funds to meet the organization’s budgetary goals and needs.
- Collaborate with the Board to develop short-term and long-term priorities, goals, and tactical plans to ultimately promote growth of the Coalition.
- Keep the Board informed of trends or legislative activities that affect the work of the Coalition.
- As an advisor to the Leadership Development Committee, ensure a bipartisan and diverse Board membership is institutionalized.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing funding sources and generate new and diversified funding sources
- Work with the finance committee and staff to develop, monitor and explain annual budget.
- Ensure the financial health of the organization by employing sound fiscal management and providing strategic financial input and leadership on key decisions.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Lead and motivate a high-performance staff team
- Attract, recruit, and retain/release staff as needed or as funding allows
- Ensure corporate and legal responsibilities are fulfilled
Advocacy and Community Relations
- Maintain the organization’s positive image by: 1. Being the Coalition’s chief spokesperson and advocate 2. Communicating and promoting the Coalition’s Legislative and Issues Agenda 3. Developing and maintaining community awareness with other organizations in the state, through education and presentations. 4. Articulating and initiating the development, implementation and communication of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Must be thoroughly committed to the mission of the Oklahoma Women’s Coalition
- Should have 5 years of senior management experience and a track record of effective leadership in an outcomes-based organization/program
- Excellence in nonprofit management, including small staff and budget management
- Proven success of working with a board of directors
- Proven experience as an effective fundraiser
- Experience with Oklahoma state legislative process and ability to develop legislative relationships
- Strong marketing and public relations skills with ability to engage a diverse audience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups while maintaining a nonpartisan approach
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning
- Demonstrates passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, is mission driven and self-directed.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities which inspire confidence and loyalty in others by initiative, acceptance of others, judgment, maturity, working under pressure, cooperation, dependability, adaptability and positive demeanor.
- Minimum education of bachelor’s degree, masters degree preferred
- Preferred experience in event planning
- Proficient in technologies: Microsoft Office Suite, eTapestry donor database, QuickBooks, website management, social media tools, etc.
To apply, please submit a resume and adequate contact information of five (5) professional references no later than July 21,2017.
Applications may be sent via email or postmarked by July 21, 2017 to:
Oklahoma Women’s Coalition Executive Director Search
720 West Wilshire Blvd., Suite 101-D
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
The Oklahoma Women’s Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.