Dr. Jean Warner, Donna Lawrence, Jan Peery, and Pat Potts had long seen the need for an organized voice for women and girls.
These four determined women came together in 2007 with the common vision of a statewide coalition of women that would unite individuals and organizations as one powerful voice to initiate positive change for Oklahoma’s women and girls.
The synergy created by their shared passion ultimately led to the founding of the Oklahoma Women’s Coalition which was officially introduced to the public on February 18, 2009.
.Founders left to right: Donna Lawrence, Jean Warner, Jan Peery, and Pat Potts..
- Chair – Dr. Jean Warner, Oklahoma City
- Vice Chair – Donna Lawrence, Oklahoma City
- Secretary – Andrea Chancellor, Tulsa – Women’s Int’l Network of Utility Professionals
- Treasurer – Faye Henson, Weatherford – American Association of University Women-Oklahoma
Founding Organizational Representatives
- Jacqueline Achong, Lawton – Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc
- Felicia Collins-Correia, Tulsa – YWCA Tulsa
- Connie Douglas, Broken Arrow – Business and Professional Women
- Trish Emig, Stillwater – League of Women Voters of Oklahoma
- Karen Morgan, Tulsa – Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma
- Jane Nelson, Oklahoma City – Oklahoma Nurses Association
- Jan Peery, Oklahoma City – YWCA Oklahoma City
- Cathy Stackpole, Oklahoma City – Girl Scouts – Western Oklahoma, Inc
Founding Individual Members
- Pat Potts, Oklahoma City
- Lucy Smith, McAlester
- Rebecca Kennedy, Seminole
- Susan Winchester, Chickasha
- Zora Brown, Oklahoma City